Friday, January 06, 2006

My Dad is 56... but he plays with a toy train!!

Today Dad came inside my room...
holding a dirty big cardboard box
and said," have you ever played with a toy train before?" (I had not ) but i said.. what are you talking about??? He opened the dusty cover.
There was a black toy train. The engine was black and the compartments were rust colour.
Everything was carefully placed in the slot cut out of the thermacol. Though the box was old but the content was good as new.
Mom was least excited about the whole thing. We looked for the right place to spread the tracks and join them together in a circle. After we finished, he pressed the switch. (it's an electric train)
...... It did not move...... he tried several times. It still did not move. He got up , looked at it for sometime. Dismantled it and kept in back , inside the dirty box.
... i know...
the little boy inside him must have cried
but grown-ups are not suppose to cry over a toy train.

8 comments:

Bohemian said...

my Dad's 60 and he still steals my chocolates from the refrigerator wen i'm not around!

Manasi said...

Hi, That's great! dads never grow and its better that way.
in response to my 'chicken' post, i never said people who devour on chicken are weird, it was just a thought. I cant give reasons for it its open to interpretation.
:)

Scoot said...

My dad cries when he does not get his way with me.Not tears....throwing stuff at me and hollering like a stubborn mule.

sonik said...

O my God! Its so sweet :)

Voice said...

Hey every nice and sweet thing was said in the comments which u get. some boys will never grow up.

but u r a student of psychology... give some explantion for this.

The Comic Project said...

Does he read comics? :-)

buttermuffin said...

I'm so hooked to how you write! Aboslutely love it.
WHY would you call yourself darkness though? I'd call you, anything but..

Unknown said...

Hey!

That was soooo cute :)

Wish I could see that little kid in my parents too :( But am sure I wouldn't be able to take that.. would kinda break me down.. mayb out of happiness only!!

Know what... you're title's very apt to your blog.. its really simple.. yet very sweet & deep!

You put across your thoughts really well dear...

Keep writing...

Take care,
God Bless You,
Aarti